Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Lion Sleeps Tonight?

Cover of "The Lion King (Disney Special P...          Cover via Amazon
I've never seen The Lion King, so I don't know if it has a scene that features this.  I saw a couple of lions in Africa that had just gorged themselves on a wild buffalo. They were so sated they couldn't move. You could have walked up to them and poked them with a stick. I said couldhave, not didhave.

And I know energetic young African Christian ministers who worry about being attacked by a lion when walking from one village to the next to share the good news of Jesus Christ. The risk is a real and present danger.

Problem is, most westerners' views of reality are  formed more by Hollywood than Realitywood.

The Lion Sleeps Tonight?

Apparently not.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"