Thursday, July 07, 2011

My Passport Is In Dieppe... Updated

NEW YORK - APRIL 23:  The United Parcel Servic...Image by Getty Images via @daylife
My passport is in Dieppe, New Brunswick. I'm in Charlottetown, PEI. I'm supposed to be heading for Shanghai and points beyond early Saturday am.

The suspense is killing me.

My passport was in Ottawa getting a visa to enter China. It also got a make-over and a trim and visited the Parliament buildings. The Ball Bounces was unwilling to spring an extra $50 for rush visa turnaround service. So, the vigil is "on".

It left Ottawa last night, via UPS. (It left via UPS because Canada Post cancelled all delivery guarantees.) ((Canada Post cancelled all delivery guarantees because of the mail backlog.)) (((The mail backlog is due to the lockout.))) ((((The lockout is due to the strike actions of CUPW)))). (((((The strike actions of CUPW are because CUPW workers are over-paid and over-benefited, and are mad as "h" and aren't going to take it any more!!!.)))))

I'm monitoring my little guy's progress via UPS tracking.

You can too!  You can join in from coast-to-coast-coast as the Ball Bounces' passport makes its big journey through the Maritimes to Charlottetown, PEI.

Update: The Passport arrived at 4:40 pm. Re-lax! Shanghai, here we come! I booked a five star hotel (The Shanghai Hilton) on Priceline two nights at $85 and $100 respectively.

And that's the way the Ball Bounces' China visa bounces!

PS -- Canada Post, with UPS and FedEx now in my life, you're not as important to me as you used to be -- we need to talk.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"