Friday, February 06, 2009

Oxford, UK



I'm in Oxford England this morning -- except, it doesn't look like this. There's been a huge snowfall across the UK that has impaired or shut things down.

I'll be visiting the OCMS -- Oxford Centre for Mission Studies this morning, and then taking the bus down to Heathrow, Terminal 5 (the new one) for the 10 hour flight down to Lusaka, Zambia. I think I've got a bulkhead seat, which should help with this long, tiring flight down.

And, then -- the brilliance of the African morning sun as the plane disgorges its passengers at the airport terminal. I'll be met by my beloved missionary friends, and the adventure will begin.

First stop -- the Kilimanjaro Cafe in the Manda Hill Mall in Lusaka -- my last, best chance at a decent internet connection before the 5 hour drive up to Kitwe and the copper belt.

No comments:

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"