Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Air Canada says, "Sorry..." *UPDATED*

*UPDATE*

After successfully selecting and reserving my seats on Air Canada, thanks to blogger Bryan, I got an email from Air Canada announcing an "Itinerary Change".

How exciting!

After scanning the new information carefully it appears the only difference is this: Air Canada has overridden my selection of aisle seats and bumped me to window seats for both flights. To add insult to injury, they characterize these new seat assignments as "Seat Selections".

Selections indeed. But, by whom?

And that's the way the bounced Ball bounces.




This is the third time in a row I have been unable to book my seat selection with Air Canada. I took about 10 minutes to scrutinize the seating chart for each flight -- coming and going -- and then selected what I thought was the most advantageous seat for each flight.

I then pressed "Continue".

Here's the message I got:

"Sorry...

Your booking is confirmed. Not all your seating and meal preferences or your special needs could be confirmed. If you wish to confirm your preferences, please contact Air Canada Reservations for assistance. (68004)"

Did they include the number to reach Air Canada Reservations in their message? No, they did not.

The last time I took them up on their suggestion to call Air Canada Reservations for assistance, I was put on hold for 45 minutes, until I finally, sensibly, gave up.

Why do I even bother?

(In fairness to Air Canada, I had a perfectly fine flight up to Toronto today from Phoenix. I managed to cop an unoccupied bulkhead seat. And, I'm thankful for their safety record.)

And that's the way the fly-by-night Ball bounces.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Can I suggest that you log back into their reservation system and pull your reservation up again. From there you should be able to change your seat selection (which I guess was done automatically). I guess your reservation timed out on you, but you should be able to change it now.

BallBounces said...

I'm trying it now. I shall report back.

BallBounces said...

It worked!

Bryan, you are a genius!

Anonymous said...

Airlines are laying off customer service staff now, business is down. (real conservative)

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"