Saturday, October 21, 2006

The terrorists win!

I'm back in Canada. At YVR (Vancouver), waiting for my connecting flight to YYZ (Toronto).

The check-in process was not as efficient as one would hope -- some security lines were clogged, while others were empty, because there was a bottleneck when you entered the area, and it wasn't clear that there was more than one security line open. I hate to say this, but this is typical for Vancouver.

The security line I went through had a senior guy manning the X-ray machine. He asked to check my bag. I thought he had detected the pocket knife that I had inadvertently left in the bag -- one of those Swiss Army deals, a gift, inscribed with my name, with all kinds of dangerous pull-outs, knives, corkscrews, etc. I wasn't looking forward to giving it up.

But that's not what he was after. Apparently Canadian air terminals are still on a no-liquids diet. He confiscated my unopened souvenir Coke can from Korea, and also.... my Meswak toothpaste with 70 proven ancient herbal remedies!

Bin Laden wins!

But the last laugh is on him. I've got an extra tube in the checked luggage!

And that's the way the jet-lagged Ball bounces.

No comments:

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"