Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Passion of the Cruise

According to a Scientology spokesman, Mr. Thomas "Tom" Cruise is the new “Christ” of Scientology. He has been told he has been “chosen” to spread the word of his faith throughout the world. Leader David Miscavige believes that Cruise, 44, will one day be worshipped like Jesus for his work to raise awareness of the religion.

I don't know about you, but I don't worship Christ because he raised awareness of religion.

I worship him because he raised awareness within me of my selfish, sinful condition, and then offered me a lifeline.

I worship Him because I came to believe that Jesus Christ was Lord, living, and not dead.

From this, I came to believe He rose from the dead.

From this, it was a short step to also believe that He was divine.

From this, I came to believe that he was born of a virgin.

And, from this point on, I succumbed to what would be called orthodox positions on everything -- his pre-existence in heaven, his incarnation, his passion, his resurrection, his ascension, his present glorified state in heaven, his pending return.

Until Tom Cruise can compete on these items, I will continue to worship Christ.

My advice? Christ is the real thing. Accept no substitutes.

And that's the way the Ball bounces.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have put the truth in words and since my words are not as eloquent as yours I will post this post over my desk to remind myself as my words get duller with age.
So, I thank you.
Its still boopchile.
Betty G

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"