Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Tale of Two Abortionists



Dr. Anthony Levantino used to be an abortionist. He describes the wonderful, liberating act for which Supreme Abortionist Canadian Henry Morgentaler has just received Canada's highest honour:

"Once you have grasped something inside [the uterus], squeeze on the clamp to set the jaws and pull hard - really hard. You feel something let go and out pops a fully formed leg about 4 to 5 inches long. ... Reach in again and again with that clamp and tear out the spine, intestines, heart and lungs.

"The head of a baby that age is about the size of a plum and is now free floating inside the uterine cavity. ... You will know you have it right when you crush down on the clamp and see a pure white gelatinous material issue from the cervix. That was the baby's brains. You can then extract the skull pieces.

"If you have a really bad day like I often did, a little face may come out and stare back at you."

A suitable Order of Canada medal for Dr. Mortgentaler would be exactly that -- the image of a little, dead face staring back at him -- he would be staring reality in the face, instead of hiding behind equivocations, and that most cowardly of all euphemisms, "a woman's right to choose".

Unlike Dr. Mortgentaler, who descended to the heights of the abortion industry in Canada and has become its chief spokesman and proponent, Dr. Anthony Levatino ended his career as an abortionist after personal tragedy struck. Here's his story:

"[My wife and I] were unable to have children, and after several years of effort, we were very, very fortunate in being able to adopt a little girl whom we named Heather. As sometimes happens, after years of effort -- and I mean three surgeries on my wife's part and everything else -- we finally adopted a child, and my wife got pregnant the very next month. We ended up with two children just 10 months apart. We were very blessed that way.

"On June 23, 1984, my son was trying to cross the street, and my daughter, who was always the little mother, was running after him to tell him not to do that, and she was struck and killed by a car.

"If you haven't gone through that kind of tragedy, you don't have a clue. You may think you can imagine it, but trust me: You have no idea what it's like to lose a child, in any way.

"What do you do after a tragedy? You mourn for a while and you try to get back into your routine. I don't know how long after her death I had to do my first D&E abortion. I remember reaching in and literally ripping out an arm or a leg and looking at it in the clamp and I got sick. When you start an abortion you can't stop. If you leave anything behind, you [can] bet your patient is going to come back infected, bleeding or worse.

"I soldiered on and I finished that abortion."

But Levatino knew that something had changed.

"For the first time in my life I really looked at that pile of goo at the side of the table, and all of a sudden I didn't see her wonderful right to choose, and I didn't see the $600 wad of cash that I made in 15 minutes, and I couldn't think about what a great doctor I was because I took care of her problem. All I could see was somebody's son or daughter."

Will God accept Dr. Levatino's repentance and welcome him if he turns to him? To his credit and glory, it can be said with assurance, yes he will. God does not delight in the death of the wicked, and does not desire that any should perish, but that all should set aside their rebellion against his rule and embrace the offer of mercy extended through His Son.

He would likewise welcome Dr. Henry Mortgentaler, should he have a change of mind and heart before it's too late. Otherwise, would not the One who rules in the heavens be justified if he should decide to exercise his prerogative to "abort" Henry Mortgentaler?

Or do only women have "a right to choose"?

Dr. Levatino is now a medical advisor for Priests for Life. (All priests should be priests for life.)

http://www.prolifeaction.org/providers/levatino.htm

http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2008/sep/08092402.html

http://www.priestsforlife.org.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo for being so honest. After the first few lines I was going to not read the rest...but I persevered because I will be gearing up to post more on this...
it should not be forgotten...

Thank you for writing it.

Anonymous said...

I believed the obfuation and outright lie of; a woman's body and right to choose crap that is indoctrinated in the uneducated masses. That is, until at 6 weeks I saw the heart beat of my first child inside my wife after a car accident. Right there God hit me with the reality of life created.
The right to choose that a woman has is not to have sexual intercourse with someone she doesn't intend to marry or if she doesn't intend to have a child. We are a higher order and as such have rights and responibilities. There is no just cause for any type of abortion, save for life of the mother. Not rape not incest and certainly not convinince. Thanks for this post.

Anonymous said...

PS Sorry for the typos, D'oh!!

Anonymous said...

The most outrageous thing I've heard in my life was just the other day over lunch. A work mate told me that the scariest thing to him about Sarah Palin is her pro-life views. Think that through.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Mr. Ball, that is a very close to home way of opening minds to abortion.
It's a reminder for each one of us to do what we can to stop ALL ABORTIONS, except in the case of the mother's death. The life of the mother is the only accepted answer to an abortion.
Thank you,
Betty G

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"