Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I'm gonna watch 'em in chronological order!

A while ago I bought a two-DVD set called Mystery Classics at Wal-Mart. It contains eight movies -- no doubt public domain . I've just ploughed through the first four, and am about to break open the second one. Here's my "brainwave" of the day. I'm going to watch the next four in chronological order, based on the year issued. That way, I'll a) get the most primitive one over with soonest, and b) be able to watch the progression of movie-making. So, here's what I'll be watching. A) The Kennel Murder Case (1933); B) The Spy in White (1936); C) Eyes in the Night (1942); and D) The Limping Man (1953).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I should remember these from the 30's but I guess I was wrapped up in Flash Gordon and the like. We went to movies every Saturday, for all afternoon. Kids screaming, and I do mean screaming, steadily.
Today, no way! !
I do have to admit I liked Boris karlof and Bela Lugosi. What was it? Frankenstein, the Vampire, and there was the Werewolf.
Today, no way, again ! !
I think I prefer the 40's for movies, not the war stories, but the musicals.
Enjoy the mysteries. They were probably just as good as they are today.

See you, Betty G
I like you and you and you.

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"