Thursday, December 14, 2006

Customer? Service?

I called our cableTV provider on Monday to do a temporary disconnect.

After listening to all the various voicemail options, and making a couple of levels of selections, I got a message saying that they were upgrading their system to serve me better, and as a result, I should call back, but not before Wednesday.

O-K.

Why did they make me listen to all the options, if I was just going to get this message? Couldn't they start with this message?

* * *

Today is Thursday and I'm on the phone again.

Waiting.

Listening.

To the following cheery-voice message:

"We have recently upgraded our customer care system to serve you better. As a result, you may experience longer wait-times. We thank you for your patience. Please stay on the line..."

Makes sense. After all, if they are going to serve me better, I have to expect a longer wait.

Fifteen minutes and counting.

No end in sight.

Getting thirsty.

Eyes growing dim.

Stuck to chair.

Is this the way it all ends? Is this the way I'll be found?

Stuck to chair with phone dangling to one s

Gotta go -- they just answered my call.

And that's the way the Ball bounces.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope all your days don't go like this one.

Meanwhile,
Have a wonderful Chistmas.

Betty G

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"