Sunday, December 31, 2006

Farewell 2006. Hello 2007.

It was exactly one year ago tonight I became a blogger. My daughter Rebecca taught me the basics as we sat by a crackling fire in Charlottetown, PEI and 2005 gave way to 2006.

A new world was opened to me.

Tonight, as 2006 gives way to 2007 my wife and dog and I are in our townhouse apartment in Toronto, watching an oldies movies TV channel.

It is with a profound sense of gratitude I give thanks to God for a wonderful life. What a beautiful world he has given us. How much greater still will heaven be, where we shed these vile bodies for incorruptible bodies undefiled by sin.

How good God is. He did so much more than "merely" cleanse us from our sins. Through Christ, He has brought us to a place where Adam never dreamed to go.

Incorporated for eternity into the Beloved One, to rule and reign with Him forever!

The gospel is simply too good to be man-made; it's too good not to be true.

May all who read this be blessed by the Spirit of the One who stooped so low to raise us up so high.

May he raise us all up in Him in 2007. May we soar to places we could never soar to in our own strength.

This is, I believe, my 250th post.

Not bad for one years' output.

See you in the new year.

And that's the way the Ball bounces.

No comments:

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"