Friday, July 20, 2007

$280

$280.

That's my carbon-offset "bill". I went to the following site

http://www.globalcarbontrax.com/individuals.html

and keyed in my particulars. With my profile, the bill came to $280.

A small car. A van. Oh, sure. The van is on it's last legs and I'll probably sell it, but I threw it in. And we split our time between two homes -- only one is in use at any one time, but, hey, who's counting when it comes to saving the planet?

Will I forward the $280 to save the planet? Not a chance. First, I don't believe man-made climate change is a serious problem. Secondly, the carbon offset thing has the marks of a ponzi scheme, and thirdly, I figure with the high gasoline taxes in Canada, I've been paying carbon offsets for years.

But don't let me stop you.

And that's the way the Ball bounces.

No comments:

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"