Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Carbon Footprint Stomps on a Tangerine - Updated

"I'll probably never eat a tangerine again"

When you live in North Carolina, it takes trains and trucks to bring in exotic fruit such as tangerines. And that adds to one's "carbon footprint".

Which doesn't sit well with Elizabeth Edwards, wife of Presidential candidate John Edwards:

"We've been moving back to 'buy local'... I live in North Carolina. I'll probably never eat a tangerine again".

No more tangerines -- and global warming claims another victim.

From a prosperity point of view, "buy local" is a recipe for economic disaster and, if taken to an extreme, would mark the return to self-sustaining (impoverished) feudal societies.

As for me, I'm going to run out and buy some succulent tangerines.

And enjoy each succulent bite.

And that's the way the tangerine-coloured Ball bounces.

Update: I had tangerine cake for lunch. It was delicious.

No comments:

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"