Saturday, May 24, 2008

Prayer of the Day - Guide me, O Thou great Jehovah

Guide me, O Thou great Jehovah,
Pilgrim, through this barren land;
I am weak, but Thou art mighty,
Hold me with Thy powerful hand:
Strong Deliverer, Strong Deliverer,
Be Thou still my strength and shield,
Be Thou still my strength and shield

Open Thou the crystal fountain,
Whence the healing streams doth flow;
Let the fiery cloudy pillar
Lead me all my journey through:
Bread of heaven, Bread of heaven,
Feed me now and evermore,
Feed me now and evermore

When I tread the verge of Jordan,
Bid my anxious fears subside;
Bear me through the swelling current,
Land me safe on Canaan's side:
Songs of praises, songs of praises
I will ever give to Thee,
I will ever give to Thee

Have a day blessed by great Jehovah-God, watching over you.

No comments:

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"