Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Occupiers Speak (You Can't Make This Stuff Up)

You can't make this kind of stuff up.

During the final session reserved for comments, discussions became somewhat heated when a man stood and said through the “human mic,” “We are all God’s children. We should not label each other.”  Another man responded, “Issues of inequality should be at the center of discussions." A woman added, “Don’t mention God.  It makes me feel like I have to hide my agnostic beliefs.”
One's head spins.

1 comment:

Anon1152 said...

“Don’t mention God. It makes me feel like I have to hide my agnostic beliefs.”

That's hilarious. That's the sort of thing I can imagine myself saying, but as a joke. I wish there was a video of the meeting (or better yet, I wish I could have been there for just a few moments)... I'd like to know more about the tone of the meeting.

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"