Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sunday Psalm: 13 - "I Have Trusted In Your Loving-Kindness

Psalm 1, Verse 1 and 2 in Biblia Hebraica Stut...Image via Wikipedia

Psalm 13

New Life Version (NLV)

Psalm 13

Prayer for Help in Time of Trouble
 1 How long, O Lord? Will You forget me forever? How long will You hide Your face from me? 2 How long must I plan what to do in my soul, and have sorrow in my heart all the day? How long will those who hate me rise above me? 3 Look on me and answer, O Lord, my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep the sleep of death. 4 Or the one who hates me will say, “I have power over him.” And those who hate me will be happy when I am shaken.
 5 But I have trusted in Your loving-kindness. My heart will be full of joy because You will save me. 6 I will sing to the Lord, because He has been good to me.


New Life Version (NLV)Copyright © 1969 by Christian Literature International


credit: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalm%2013&version=NLV 


The Lord responds to the deepest longings, and deepest needs, of our hearts. He is not found at the end of a logical argument; he is found at the point of your deepest need.  Have a good Day.

3 comments:

Jeremy D. Troxler said...

Great reminder. What constantly comes to mind when reading the Psalms, and other places in scripture where people cry out to God, is that they do so with the expectation that He will respond. Moreover, it is absolutely unfathomable that He would! Who am I that the God who created the world would consider me? Yet we are instructed to make our petitions known. A personal relationship with an Almighty God is a wonder the depth of which we will never completely plumb. Great post.

BallBounces said...

Thanks, JDT.

Joe said...

"He is not found at the end of a logical argument; he is found at the point of your deepest need." And usually in the most unexpected places at the most unexpected times in the most unexpected ways.

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"