Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sunday Psalm 17: All I want is to see you as you are

King David, Russian icon from first quarter of...
Image via Wikipedia


Psalm 17

(A prayer by David.)
   The Prayer of an Innocent Person 1I am innocent, LORD!
   Won't you listen as I pray
   and beg for help?
   I am honest!
   Please hear my prayer.

    2Only you can say
   that I am innocent,
   because only your eyes
   can see the truth.

    3You know my heart,
   and even during the night
   you have tested me
   and found me innocent.
   I have made up my mind
   never to tell a lie.

    4I don't do like others.
   I obey your teachings
   and am not cruel.

    5I have followed you,
   without ever stumbling.

    6I pray to you, God,
   because you will help me.
   Listen and answer my prayer!

    7Show your wonderful love.
   Your mighty arm protects those
   who run to you
   for safety
   from their enemies.

    8Protect me as you would
   your very own eyes;
   hide me in the shadow
   of your wings.

    9Don't let my brutal enemies
   attack from all sides
   and kill me.

    10They refuse to show mercy,
   and they keep bragging.

    11They have caught up with me!
   My enemies are everywhere,
   eagerly hoping to smear me
   in the dirt.

    12They are like hungry lions
   hunting for food,
   or like young lions
   hiding in ambush.

    13Do something, LORD!
   Attack and defeat them.
   Take your sword and save me
   from those evil people.

    14Use your powerful arm
   and rescue me
   from the hands of mere humans
   whose world won't last. [a] You provide food
   for those you love.
   Their children have plenty,
   and their grandchildren
   will have more than enough.

    15I am innocent, LORD,
   and I will see your face!
   When I awake, all I want
   is to see you as you are.

Jesus said, "he who has seen me has seen the Father".

Have a good Sunday. Do something different. Ditch work and worry. Play with the kids. Notice nature. Give thanks. Be grateful.


No comments:

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"