Monday, June 16, 2014

"How to convert me to your new religion of Global Warming in 14 easy steps"

The global warming icon for the ubx.
The global warming icon for the ubx. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
"How to convert me to your new religion of Global Warming in 14 easy steps"

Click on the link for the 14 steps. This one's worth bookmarking.
Hi, there.  I’m a Global Warming sceptic.  By that I mean that I am sceptical of all but the first of the Ten Tenets of the Church of Global Warming, which are;
  1.  The globe warmed over the course of the 20th century.
  2.  The globe is warming right now.
  3.  The global warming is going to continue in the future.
  4.  This warming is unusual, unnatural, and unprecedented.
  5.  This warming is an overall bad thing.
  6.  This warming is caused mainly by increased CO2 levels in the atmosphere.
  7.  Human CO2 emissions are responsible for most of the warming.
  8.  Humans are capable of reducing their global CO2 emissions.
  9.  A significant amount of warming could be avoided if humans reduced their CO2 emissions.
  10.  The amount of CO2 emissions reductions that would be achieved by bringing in a CO2 tax will reduce the amount of global warming by a large enough amount as to be worth the economic pain that would come with the application of a CO2 tax.
Apparently, to be a true Warmist you must confirm your belief in every one of the Ten Tenets.  Declare your scepticism in just one of these and you risk being banished from the Church as a heretic.
I concede the globe warmed approximately 1 degree Celsius over the course of the 20th century, but I have my doubts about the other nine Tenets.  But if you are a devout believer in Catastrophic Anthropogenic Global Warming (CAGW) and want to convert me to your religion then I’m going to tell you how you can do it.

The fourteen easy steps

No comments:

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"