I picked up this gem concerning next week's G8 summit.
"next week’s G8 summit... would require leaders to agree to prevent global temperatures rising by more than 2 degrees Celsius..."
More and more I feel like I'm living in some alternate universe where the world has gone mad.
World leaders are not content to merely control man's minor contribution to the temperature of the globe; the goal now is to control temperature in absolute terms. Gives new meaning to the phrase, "you shall be as gods".
* * *
The developed nations of the world will need to cooperate if they intend to meet this ambitious goal. Here are my suggestions for divvying up the responsibility for controlling world temperatures:
* The US will be in charge of controlling solar activity, including sunspots and flares
* The EU will be in charge of controlling world-wide volcanic activity
* Asia will be in charge of controlling El Ninos
* India will be responsible for putting a cork in methane gas levels produced by animals, especially cattle
* Canada's role will be to grumble and complain about anything/everything the US is doing while benefiting from US defense, US protection of international waters, US acting as an inhibitor to hostile nations aggression, US market proximity to Canada, etc.