Image via WikipediaHere's an article worth the read: "7 Reasons Why Liberals Are Incapable of Understanding The World" by John Hawkins.
Here's an extract from each point, with my favourite, #3, in full.
1) Liberalism creates a feedback loop. It is usually impossible for a non-liberal to change a liberal's mind about political issues because liberalism works like so: only liberals are credible sources of information.
2) Liberals sources of information are ever present.
3) Liberals emphasize feeling superior, not superior results. Liberalism is all about appearances, not outcomes. What matters to liberals is how a program makes them FEEL about themselves, not whether it works or not. Thus a program like Headstart, which sounds good because it's designed to help children read, makes liberals feel good about themselves, even though the program doesn't work and wastes billions. A ban on DDT makes liberals feel good about themselves because they're "protecting the environment" even though millions of people have died as a result. For liberals, it's not what a program does in the real world; it's about whether they feel better about themselves for supporting it.
4) Liberals are big believers in moral relativism.
5) Liberals tend to view people as parts of groups, not individuals.
6) Liberals take a dim view of personal responsibility.
7) Liberals give themselves far too much credit just for being liberal.
I'm sure conservatives are sinners too. I'll leave it up to liberal readers of the Ball Bounces to point out our sins. Be that as it may, the facts of life are conservative -- which brings us full-circle back to the article's title.