Friday, August 31, 2012

Have I Been Bannned By Michael Mann?

Michael Mann is sparring with Mark Steyn over his hockey schtick. Steyn suggested the schtick has a non-regulation curve; Mann threatened to hip-check Steyn out of the rink, legally speaking. Steyn, in response to the threat of litigation, has said he'll need to inspect Mann's "climategate" emails jockstrap -- a jockstrap that Mann has been holding close to his scientific, er, vest.

Now, as regular readers of the Ball Bounces know, I'm a HUGE fan of Michael Mann. I thought I would give him a bit of encouragement, so I posted something along the following lines to his Adore-Me Facebook page.

"Why not preemptively release those emails now; that'll show 'em!".

Encouraging, right? Good advice, right?

Yet, shortly after I posted, my post was "disappeared", and there is no longer a prompt for me to post a new comment. I felt like I'd been "offed", encased in concrete, and thrown in the Penn State river.

Does this mean that I've been Banned By The Mann? Does this mean I didn't show sufficient reverence to the Great One? Does this mean that michael mann Himself read my post, thought about it, then pressed mannly finger to climate-heated keyboard and... bounced the Ball from the Mannoverse... forever?!

Has Mann given me the cosmic finger?! On the one hand, this means we are now cosmically connected -- I have had my own brush with The Great One. We are close! However, being banned leaves me feeling emotionally empty. It's a barren feeling, being banned is. It's like the Mannoverse I once inhabited and cavorted in, is now a sterile, dead wasteland of a burned out, lifeless universe. Ghost town city. I'm suffering. I feel sad, empty...

Can I sue?!

And that's the way the Ball got bounced.
Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

Anon1152 said...

I'm pretty sure you can't sue. I'm also pretty sure that the reasons Mann has for suing are quite different.

But I do know how if feels to be banned. I was banned by Michael Coren on Twitter. I'm still not quite sure why. I think it was after he wrote something about the culture war, and I wrote asking how long he'd been fighting it. Then... banned. Granted, this was an alter-alter-ego that was banned, but my alter egos don't really say or do anything that my real ego doesn't do or say.

But I digress.

I would like to see a courtroom proceeding that looks into whether or not Mann's "hockey stick" is fraudulent.

BallBounces said...

There's fraud, and then there's fraud-fraud.

Anon1152 said...

Well played sir.

But Mann's "hockey stick" (which never looked like a hockey stick to me, but I don't really get sports metaphors) is no fraud.

BallBounces said...

The Fraud Squad:

http://www.climatedepot.com/a/17202/Michael-Mann-says-lawsuit-against-National-Review-is-on-Climate-Depot-responds-to-Mann-and-his-lawyers-claims-about-the-Hockey-Stick--Climategate

Anon1152 said...

I'm not convinced. And I have my own websites. For example: http://www.skepticalscience.com/broken-hockey-stick.htm

I admit I haven't looked through all of the climatedepot.com references. I was surprised to see references to Wegman. His report was discredited for a variety of reasons some time ago.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2011/05/16/208108/wegman-scandal-rocks-cornerstone-of-climate-denial/?mobile=nc

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"