The Great Global Warming Swindle is a British video production available at
It would be good for it to be presented in schools along side Al Gore's Inconvenient Truth. It is unlikely that this will happen.
Key points [my comments are in parentheses]:
1. The earth's climate is always changing.
2. The change that we are experiencing is well within historical norms.
3. Dissenting voices are met with intolerance and de-funding.
4. Global warming is not scientific -- it is political, ideological, moral and even religious.
5. Carbon Dioxide (Co2) has been 3x even 10x greater than it is now, without apparent effects on temperature.
6. Many people whose names are included in science reports disagree with the findings.
7. Conclusions are politically-driven.
8. Bibliographies include reviewers and non-scientists, not all of whom agree with the findings.
9. "Since no other scientists disagree you shouldn't either" is false logic.
10. Climate scientists need there to be a problem in order to get funding. "This may not be a problem" will not get you funding. Thousands of jobs now depend on global warming. It has become a government-funded, government sustained industry. [Not unlike the poverty industry.] There are now climate journalists, whose careers depend upon a sustained crisis.
11. The thrust of the proposed solution is to hinder development in the third world.
12. A media scare has become the defining idea of a generation.
13. The world in the past has been both a lot warmer and a lot colder.
14. The warming trend we are now experiencing began 200 years ago.
15. In the past, the Thames froze over. There are paintings to support this. Further back, there was a medieval warm period. Climate enabled a much different lifestyle in the medieval period -- the cathedral building era. Vineyards in England.
16. During the Holocene Maximum, temperatures were much warmer than today -- and this lasted for thousands of years. This did not wipe out the polar bears.
17. Climate change is perfectly natural.
18. Warming began well before cars and airplanes were invented.
19. After the 2nd world war, during the industrial boom, temperatures fell for four decades. Only in the 1970s did they start rising. [Critics respond that this was due to fluorocarbons being introduced into the atmosphere at that time, which caused global cooling.]
20. C02 forms only a small part of the earth's atmosphere. It is .054%, an incredibly small portion. The portion added by humans is even smaller. Only a small percentage of gases in the atmosphere are greenhouse gases. C02 is a minor component of greenhouse gas. Water vapour is by far the largest. Greenhouse gases trap heat in the troposphere. This troposphere should be hotter. Satellites and weather ballooms are used to take the temperature of the atmosphere. Actual data show that the warming that we are experiencing is likely not caused by greenhouse gases. [Critics say that the readings were off, and have been "corrected" -- it's unlikely that "off" readings that support global warming theories get scrutinized.]
21. Al Gore's presentation is based on ice core surveys. These surveys show a clear relationship between temperature and C02. "When there is more C02, the temperature gets warmer". The link is actually the wrong-way-round. Temperature changes lead C02 by 800 years -- so C02 is not driving the increase in temperature; the increase in temperature is driving the increase in C02.
22. Carbon Dioxide is a natural gas produced by all living things. It is not a pollutant.
23. Humans produce a small fraction of the C02. Volcanoes produce more Co2 than all factories put together. More is produced by animals and bacteria. Dying vegetation produces even more. The biggest source, by far, is the oceans.
24. The ocean is the major reservoir into which C02 goes. If you heat the ocean, it emits C02. If you cool it, it absorbs more C02. Oceans are so big and so deep they take hundreds of years to heat up and cool down. Their "memory" of temperature fluctuations runs into thousands of years.
25. In the past 150 years, the earth has warmed by just over 0.5 degrees celsius. Most of this occurred before 1940.
26. If C02 doesn't drive earth's climate, what does? 6.5 billion humans are tiny relative to the greatness of the sun.
27. Late 1980's Piers Corbyn began predicting weather based on sun spots.
28. 1893 - Edward Monda observed during the little ice age, very few sunspots.
29. Sunspots correlate to temperature changes on earth to a remarkable degree. Sunspots rose until 1940, fell until 1970, and now have risen again. This data has been analyzed over 400 years, and it fits.
30. The sun affects us directly through its rays, and indirectly through subatomic particles which produce clouds. When the quantity of cloud-forming cosmic rays go up, the temperature goes down, and vice-versa. Clouds and climate are very closely linked. Climate is controlled by clouds; clouds are controlled by cosmic rays, and cosmic rays are controlled by the sun [and the sun is controlled by God -- "there shall be signs in the heavens above and the earth beneath"]. The intensity of the sun's magnetic field more than doubled during the 20th cc.
31. Global warming advocates talk about the harm of coal, oil and gas, but never the benefits, nor the harm caused by their proposed solutions. Four million children die yearly from the effects of indoor smoke in third-world countries. Many adults die as well.
As Christians, we are interested in truth. At present, it seems right to oppose the tsunami of man-made global warming because, like darwinian evolution, it is based on ideology, not science.
The heavens declare the glory of God.
And that's the way the Ball bounces.