Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"A Quiz For Skeptics"

http://www.tektonics.org/parody/whowants.html

This - was - fun, and a bit educational, too.

Of course, "fun" makes no sense at all in a purely darwinian molecular world -- yet another one of the contradictions of dreary atheism that stare us in the face each day.

Sorry for that gratuitous slam against atheism -- my molecules must have made me do it, because, with materialism, we all know that free will is an absurdity, like fun, at best an illusion of some kind.

Sorry for that second slam concerning atheists and free will. My molecules are acting up. But, of course, for me to say "my" is another contradiction of materialism because self in any kind of real or independent way cannot exist. My illusion of self, I should say.

OK. Sorry for that third slam against the reality of personhood and consciousness. I have no excuse. Of course, "excuse" is another conceptual thing that is an absurdity in a purely material, molecular world. So, I apologize for excusing. Wait a minute. Apologizing also doesn't make sense in a darwinian universe. So, I'm sorry for being sorry. Ooops. Sorry for the illusion of being sorry for being sorry because, surely, in a purely material, mindless universe, the sense of sorryness can't be objectively real.

Unless, of course, You-Know-Who is behind of all of this.

The more I think about it, the more consistent atheists appear to have a lot in common with Hindus -- all is an illusion. Which makes me think that atheists don't really exist -- they just have the powerful delusionary sense of existing.

I love the fact that atheists cannot "know" that God exists through their own prideful, self-sufficient intellect. God has structured the universe in such a way that, while it is probable that He exists, there is evidence that ought to make us inquire and seek Him, it is not in seeking that we find God, it is in God graciously revealing Himself to us. And this structural reality is exactly as it ought to be -- because man's chief sin and conceit is that of pride and self-sufficiency. So, God has structured into reality the fact that in coming to know him, we must ditch our prideful self-sufficiency, get down on our knees, and cry out to God for understanding.

Yeah, God. Well done!

My favorite verse in this regards is from Isaiah, "Who has believed our report? And to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?"

Indeed.

And that's the way the Ball bounces.

No comments:

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"