1. Bob Evans’ Cinnamon Cream Stacked & Packed Stuffed Hotcakes: The CSPI measured the dish at 1,380 calories and 34 grams of fat. The pancakes have 7 grams of trans fat despite claims on Bob Evans’ menu that the restaurant uses no-trans-fat cooking oil, according to the CSPI.
2. California Pizza Kitchen Tostada Pizza with Grilled Steak: 1,680 calories, 32 grams of saturated fat (50% more than is recommended for U.S. adults), and 3,300 milligrams of sodium.
3. Five Guys Bacon Cheeseburger: One burger contains 920 calories and 30 grams of saturated fat. But the CSPI says the real calories are in Five Guys fries: one large order of fries contains nearly 1,500 calories.
4. P.F. Chang’s Double Pan-Fried Noodles Combo: 1,820 calories and 7,690 milligrams of sodium, more than a five-day supply. “The noodles end up hard and crunchy, you end up soft and flabby,” quips Bonnie Liebman, the CSPI's director of nutrition
5. Cheesecake Factory Pasta Carbonara with Chicken: 2,500 calories (25% more than an adult should get in a whole day) and 85 grams of saturated fat are hidden in this big plate of pasta with cream sauce, according to the CSPI.
6. Cheesecake Factory Chocolate Tower Truffle Cake: The “three-quarter-pound slab of cake” has 1,670 calories and 48 grams of saturated fat, the CSPI says. Even dividing it in half would approach half the calories one adult should get in a day, says Jacobson.
7. California Pizza Kitchen's Pesto Cream Penne: This penne dish includes basil pine nut pesto cream sauce, sun-dried tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese and contains 1,350 calories, 49 grams of saturated fat, and 1,920 milligrams of sodium, according to the CSPI.
8. Outback’s New Zealand Rack of Lamb: The rack of lamb is cooked with a “rich Cabernet wine sauce” and served with garlic mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables. The lamb without the sides has 1,300 calories, 60 grams of saturated fat, and 1,340 milligrams of sodium, according to the CSPI. The garlic mashed potatoes are loaded with 13 grams of saturated fat while the veggie side has 7 grams.
9. Chevy’s Crab & Shrimp Quesadilla: Along with the crab and shrimp, these “Frisbee-size white flour tortillas” are stuffed with cheese and cream sauce and topped with guacamole and sour cream, says the CSPI. This dish packs 1,790 calories, 63 grams of saturated fat, and 3,440 milligrams of sodium, according to the report.
Gentlemen, start your engines!
And that's the way the Ball bounces.