Wednesday, November 03, 2010

The Four Spiritual Laws

Remember the classic Bill Bright Campus Crusade tract, "The Four Spiritual Laws"?  I found a version of it online.  The original started out, "God loves you, and has a wonderful plan for your life!".


Here are some of the illustrations:


Man is separated from God...


law2




Christ bridges the gap...




law3






We have a choice:




self directed life


Or




christ directed life


The problem, of course, is our stubborn preference for the self-directed life. I look at the diagram today and say, "ouch!". It is one way of testing the empirical claims of Christianity. I read Christ's assessment of human nature contained in the gospels, looked within myself, and said, "that's me". The only remaining question was, was Christ who he said he was, and was he able to do what he said he could and would do? My experience subsequent to placing my trust in him says, "yes!".


Blind faith? Hardly. Reasonable faith? Yes. Confirmed faith? Most certainly.


You can read the whole thang here.


Update: Here's something closer to the original.

3 comments:

Mr. Lorne said...

Thank you for being such a strong Christian presence on the Blogging Tories. I doubt you'd ever see this on Liberal blog sites.

God bless!

Big Baby Jeebus said...

So, an appeal to emotion and an argument from authority is what leads you to believe? Interesting. Care to buy a bridge?

BallBounces said...

Not from you.

I came to Christ because of what he said about himself and mankind. What he said about mankind resonated with me, and what he said about himself I found compelling. All hope for the human condition is found in Christ. His words are self-authenticating.

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"