Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Miller Time or Mecca Time: Pearson Airport Toronto (YYZ)

Terminal 1 building                        Image via Wikipedia
Overheard inside the comments of a Charles Lewis HolyPost:

SOMETOWN
2:43 PM on October 29, 2010

"One young man said that the multi-faith room at his [U. of Toronto] school had no turned into a de facto mosque and felt uncomfortable using the room to meet with fellow Catholics for prayer time."

Did the man say why he and fellow Catholics felt uncomfortable?

DIANNE WOOD
3:24 PM on October 29, 2010

I know I feel uncomfortable trying to pray in the multi faith chapel at Pearson Airport. I was in there praying at Christmas time and there was a banner of a nativity scene of baby Jesus. I was using the picture to help me keep focused in my prayer. Some Muslims came in and took down the banner immediately and when they were finished they did not put it back up. Seemed a bit insensitive to me.

SOMETOWN
3:57 PM on October 29, 2010

This happened while you were still praying?

DIANNE WOOD
4:18 PM on October 29, 2010
Yes I was still praying and also was still praying after they left. I said nothing to them when they removed it but I did go put it back up after they left. I know that some of my friends who live in Iraq who are Catholic cannot put up religious pictures in their own homes because their landlord is Muslim and will not allow it. Thye will be evicted if they do.

What time is it at Pearson International Airport: Miller Time or Mecca Time?

Read more.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"