Friday, January 16, 2009

Canadian Geese, Whaaa?


I heard the news today. Oh boy! An American announcer down here referred to the birds that got sucked into the engines of the US Airways jet as "Canadian Geese".

"Canadian Geese"?! Doesn't everybody know that the bird is a Canada Goose, and when you've got more than one, you've got Canada Geese?!

Come to think of it, why hasn't PETA come to the defense of the innocent Canada Geese whose lives were so cruelly snuffed out by the US Airways jet? Is it because they were "Canadian" Geese? Is this a racist thing?

Gotta tell ya. My self-esteem is shot and I am insulted, insulted I tell you, that my identity as a Canadian has been so savagely trashed.

Somebody better build me a basketball court and fast, or there's no telling what I may do.

And that's the way the made-in-Canada Ball bounces.

3 comments:

Native Pride said...

When I use to go to Canada we would get Canadian Bacon. When we came back to The US would we call it American bacon then? :)

BallBounces said...

The only place I've ever seen "Canadian Bacon" advertised is in the USA! What's up with that?!

We have regular strip-style bacon, just like the US, and we have something called peameal bacon, which is sliced and has a cornmeal coating.

Native Pride said...

If we sell it as Canadian bacon you have to pay more.

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"