Sunday, January 11, 2009

An Ice Age Is A Nice Age



Apparently Russian scientists haven't got the message about anthropogenic global warming (AGW).

Pravda is reporting (and has it ever been wrong) that we're on the brink of an Ice Age which could last 100,000 years. Don't count on the environmentalists to be alarmed. Unless it could somehow be attributed to western economic success and capitalism, they would probably insist that we do nothing, since this is merely nature doing its thing.

Meanwhile, Al Gore is advocating civil disobedience to ensure that no new coal plants are built. I guess there's already enough to supply his Tennessee mansion.

And that's the way the snow Ball bounces.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't be so certain that the environmentalists would want us to do nothing. Since it would be obvious to them that the ice age was man made, and since it was probably the western democracies that were resposible for it, I am sure they would demand that we transfer vast sums to the underdeveloped nations so they could hire hordes of people to spread black cloth (biodegradable of course) over the ice to speed up its melting.

Native Pride said...

Are you froze there yet. Were going to have some of the coldest weather in years. Got my long johns out.

BallBounces said...

Long johns were made to be worn! You don't live up north of Sasktatoon by any chance, do you? We were there once - it was SO cold!

Native Pride said...

I live in MN. I spent a lot of time in Canada. I'm one of those with a duel citizenship. Traveled a lot in Canada with my Aunt.
I'll put my long johns on tomorrow. It's sopose to be real cold.

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"