Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bottled Water - Icelandic Glacial

Icelandic Glacial bottled waterImage via Wikipedia


My post on bottled water generated quite a bit of interest. I even heard from the bottler whose bottle image I had used (see right).  Since their's is the "real deal", i.e., real spring water, and not just rarified tap water, I thought in fairness I should do a positive post about them.

This is what Melody from Icelandic Glacial told me:
The source of Icelandic Glacial is the legendary Ölfus Spring in Iceland, a naturally replenished catchment zone formed during a massive volcanic eruption more than 4,500 years ago.
 I'm not sure what a naturally replenished catchment zone is, but it sounds better than the South Saskatchewan River or the Toledo Municipal Water Supply! And, I guess they can't guarantee the water is aged 4,500 years, but I would like to think that sitting in the naturally replenished catchment zone is a lot like aging in oak barrels.

On a roll (or should I say bounce), I checked their availability. In Canada, it's this:


For the USA, I keyed in our 85032 Phoenix Zip Code on their website.

They're everywhere!

I'm making Icelandic Glacial the official bottled water of the Ball Bounces (I'm hoping they'll send me a free case.)

"Icelandic Glacial -- cheaper than a trip to Iceland™".  (I just made that last bit up.)

And that's the way the keeping-hydrated Ball bounces.


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Frances said...

I'd moderate my enthusiasm a bit until I checked out that 'naturally replenished catchment zone' more. The South Saskatchewan drainage basin is also naturally replenished every year by rain and snow. Some of that natural replenishment just happens to end up in Calgary (and other municipal) water systems and is fed back into the basin via the sewage treatment plants.

Presumably, Icelandic Glacial draws its source for a catchment zone around which there is neither industrial nor agricultural development so there is no run-off or other degradation of the source water.

BallBounces said...

The water is supposed to be very pure. Frances, do you think next winter you could just melt me some snow from your backyard and ship it down to Phoenix? (Or do you head south too?!

"Pure Canadian water, from icy, snow-fed Saskatchewan catchment basins" (i.e., Frances' back yard).

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"