Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Help Ashley Pay It All Back


The Toronto Star reports:
... she faked cancer, ran a bogus charity and collected thousands of dollars from hundreds of people.
She shaved her head and eyebrows, plucked her eyelashes and starved herself to look like a chemotherapy patient. She told anyone she met she had been disowned by drug-addicted parents, or that they were dead. [They weren't.]
[she]... convinced local businesses and small-scale music promoters to join the cause. She persuaded a legitimate Toronto-based cancer-awareness organization...  to fly her to Disney World.
...  she began telling people she had breast cancer.
She also said she had brain cancer, liver cancer, stomach cancer and ovarian cancer, at various stages and in various combinations. She claimed to have only a few months to live.
She told her biological mother, “... I’m just calling right now to tell you, before I die, that you’re the worst mother in the world.”

It was all working brilliantly. Then, she got caught.
“What I did was wrong,” Ashley said Thursday night.
She said she wants to find a way to give all the money back. 
Which is where the Ball Bounces comes in. I know that Ball Bounces readers are the most generous readers in the world. And I just can't sit by and see a girl suffer. I just can't. That's why I'm starting the Help Ashley Pay It All Back fund. After all, doesn't a girl who thought she was suffering from breast cancer, brain cancer, liver cancer, stomach cancer and ovarian cancer, at various stages and in various combinations, deserve a break?  I mean, someone special like this shouldn't have to work for a living.

So, send your cash to me, and I will be sure that Ashley gets some of it (after taking a big small cut to cover operating costs).

Hey -- if this works it could be bigger than Adscam!

Let me know how much you will be donating.

And that's the way the fund-raising Ball bounces.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"