Saturday, October 09, 2010

Snookered By Cathay Pacific

Cathay Pacific Airways Boeing 777-367/ER - B-K...Image by E-Mans av8pix.com via Flickr
I haven't even boarded my Cathay Pacific flight for Hong Kong and already things are going off the rails (if you'll excuse the bad metaphor).

Here's what I booked, weeks ago:

Cathay Pacific Airways
Flight 827 (on Boeing 777-300)
Requested Seats: 30G
Total Travel Time: 15 hrs 25 mins

Silly me. I thought when Cathay Pacific invited me to select my seat and accepted my seat request of 30G (aisle bulkhead with extra legroom), that I had booked seat 30G.

Apparently not. When I went online this evening to print my boarding pass, 30G belonged to someone else, and there were only about 5 seats left; 3 middles and 2 windows. I took a window.

So, 15 1/2 hours of being stuck in a window seat, in what I think is going to be one of the new non-reclining seats, on a full flight.

Not a great start.

Maybe things will improve when I get to the airport in the morning.

Update: I was told seat selection is a request, and nothing more.  I guess that makes it one step below a Seinfeld RAC reservation.  I've requested an aisle seat at the airport.  Let's hope a bunch of aisle seat economies get their business class upgrades.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"