Friday, July 09, 2010

Dawkins Sees The Problem With His Bottom(*)

"If somebody used my views to justify a completely self - centred lifestyle, which involved trampling all over other people in any way they chose roughly what, I suppose, at a sociological level social Darwinists did - I think I would be fairly hard put to it to argue on purely intellectual grounds.

I think it would be more: "This is not a society in which I wish to live. Without having a rational reason for it necessarily, I'm going to do whatever I can to stop you doing this."

(*)
"... there is, at bottom, no evil and no good."

In other words, as Peter S. Williams puts it, "his metaethical views evacuate (no pun intended) his capacity for moral argument".

No comments:

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"