Friday, July 09, 2010

The Darwinist's Creed

"Let me summarize my views on what modern evolutionary biology tells us loud and clear -- and these are basically Darwin's views.

There are no gods,
no purposes,
and no goal-directed forces of any kind.

There is no life after death.
When I die, I am absolutely certain that I am going to be dead.
That's the end of me.

There is no ultimate foundation for ethics,
no ultimate meaning in life,
and no free will for humans, either.

What an unintelligible idea."

 -- William Provine

Hard-core atheists rejoice and say, "right on!". The wavering atheist rebels. Then, he shakes his angry fist at such a creed and says, "no! I choose to believe that human life does have real purpose, real meaning, and that I have real value!".  And then, the hunt is on for a reality that is bigger than what atheist orthodoxy dishes up.

Warning: Reality is Bigger Than It Appears™

No comments:

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"