Thursday, January 12, 2006

If I had a hammer...

The seeds of Liberal distaste for democracy were first planted by Pierre Trudeau who spoke of "the tyranny of the majority". Paul Martin has continued this theme by characterizing the majority as "oppressive". Today, this distrust for democracy is in full bloom. According to Paul Martin, "There is a hammer. It is a large and heavy hammer. It is hanging over Canada. It is Parliament. Stephen Harper believes in that hammer, well, let me tell you, I do not! [cue the cheering]."

Ultimately, the Liberals' contempt for democracy is a contempt for individual voters who collectively vote with goodwill and common sense to elect our representatives to Parliament. Given the Liberals' contempt for me, I will not be voting Liberal. And I am not making this up.

1 comment:

frappeur said...

To prevent a BLOC/Tory alliance, make sure the Conservatives have a majority.

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"