Friday, January 06, 2006

Ignorance, deception, or just plain lying?

Stephen Harper's publicly-stated plan includes a commitment to the funding of additional daycare spaces.

Yet, I heard Paul Martin denounce Harper today for plans to dismantle public daycare (or words to that effect).

So, a) is Paul Martin unaware of Stephen Harper's program?, b) does he believe that voters are feeble-minded and will not take the time to learn the Conservatives' actual program, c) did he use some qualifiers that I missed that make his statement technically correct but misleading?, or d) is he telling lies? Ignorance, deception, lying, viewing the public as imbeciles -- are these the cherished Liberal values we keep hearing about? If so, I think I'll pass.

1 comment:

frappeur said...

I think the citizens would rather have the cash for beer and popcorn.

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"