Thursday, January 26, 2006

All I am saying, is give Steve a chance

re: Stephen Harper announces ice-breakers to patrol Canadian Arctic waters

When Paul Martin spoke against the US, one was left with the impression he was doing it to score cheap political points; when Stephen Harper does the same, he appears intent on simply governing. The contrast, as with their election night speeches, is remarkable.

If Stephen Harper keeps this up, we have the makings of Canada's next great PM.

Meanwhile, Liberal supporters continue to hunt for evidence of Stephen Harper the extremist. They needn't bother. He doesn't exist. That Stephen Harper was nothing more than a cynical, self-serving fiction dished up to get the Liberals re-elected.

To those who doubt, all I am saying is, give Steve a chance.

2 comments:

frappeur said...

Stephen Harper is succinct as he makes his points.

It was reported by Yahoo:

From start to finish, the entire media availability seemed to take up no more time than one of outgoing Prime Minister Paul Martin's subordinate clauses.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cpress/20060126/ca_pr_on_na/harper_scene;_ylt=Ag1i2aOuVSt0XS8gYBWA3eRp9L4F;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

Unknown said...

Hey, I like your political views!!
I am fairly new at this blogging and I am getting so wrapped up in it that I have been neglecting our politics. I am quite satisfied with Bush and voted for him.
Thanks for finding my blog and since I liked this first look at yours, I will call again.
See you, Betty

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"