Sunday, May 15, 2011

The United Church of Pizza: He's A Peasant

Jesus                       Image via Wikipedia
Apparently, according to Gretta, the United Church of Canada's resident atheist-minister, Jesus was nothing more than "a first century peasant with a few charismatic gifts and a great posthumous marketing team".

Well, I would like to join Gretta's worship team. Here's my contribution.

(To the tune of She's a Woman.)

My Lord don't give me presents 
I know he's just a peasant
Only wish he had to give me love forever and forever
My Lord don't give me presents
He ain't there when I get lonely
People may think that I'm only
Foolin', you know, I isn't 
He's a peasant, please understand
He's a peasant, just a dead man

I wonder if liberals (or "progressives" -- because liberals aren't apostate enough for Gretta) use the term peasant to describe people today -- it sounds like a put-down to me. At any rate, if he was a peasant, he was a peasant to whom gifts from Magi were brought -- gifts of gold, incense, and myrrh, indicating he was a king, a priest, and a sacrifice. And he was a "peasant" of whom God said, "this is my Son, in whom I am well-pleased". And, of course, he was a "peasant" whom God vindicated by raising him from the dead.

Works for me.

And that's the way the Ball bounces.
Enhanced by Zemanta

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's too bad you don't have anything more than your cult's self-contradictory fairy tales to back any of that up, isn't it?
SDC

john said...

I guess United church minister is a job you apply for when you really don't have qualifications for anything else. As far as "anon's comments, who cares?

We got it pal. You hate Christians and you've too scared sh**less of muslims to say anything to them so you go with the anon attack on the group that you are pretty sure won't fight back.

There, you've done it. You're a hero. Now shut up and go back to watching family guy and eating Cheezies.

BallBounces said...

Hey, I like Hawkin's Cheezies!

Anonymous said...

John, the Muslims' cult has no more to do with reality than yours does, but I don't see them posting here claiming that their superstition is true, do I? And Hollie, when you stop believing in fairy tales, then you might be in a position to tell someone else to "grow up".
SDC

BallBounces said...

Cat-fight!

Anonymous said...

Hey anon! How are you doing? Tell me, how many times did you check back for validation?

Anyhow, great to see you! Here's how I deal with weasels like you.

I simply post (in this case anti-christian) remarks that make you sound dumb.

Like so........

john said...

Oh yeah? well I don't eat cheezies. Theyre Chheetohs so thewre!

Abd the 4rth law of therpodynamics says theres no god and evolooshun is troo. Sew there!

Love - SDC

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"